Mission: As men, women, and children united in faith and worship by the inerrant Word of God, St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church exists to make disciples of our neighbors, our community and the world, using the Gospel to win the lost for Christ, to nurture believers for lives of Christian service, and to provide lifelong Christian education, all to the Glory of God.
History: The earliest record of our congregation is a deed dated May 13, 1864; we were incorporated as a congregation on February 3, 1868. After sharing pastors with St. Paul of Appleton and St. Peter of Freedom for many years, Rev. Philip Sprengling was installed as our first full-time pastor on November 16, 1873. In 1881 a Lutheran constitution was adopted.
In 1893 after a fire destroyed the sanctuary, our present building was built and dedicated. In 1916 St. John started holding on English service a month and in 1929 our German constitution was translated into English and adopted. In 1956 St. John became a member of the Fox Valley Lutheran High School Federation. On July 17, 1977 Pastor Jeffrey Suhr, a graduated or Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, was ordained and installed as Pastor of St. John. In 1989 the sanctuary was moved 150 feet west of the original site, a larger basement was built along with a larger narthex and new offices. In 1999 the sanctuary was remodeled and a large parcel of land (on the corner of Highway 47 and Wege Road) was purchased for future development.
In 2006 a growing membership led to the decision to add a second pastor. On July 9, Pastor Micah Martin, a graduate of Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, was ordained and installed. On September 14, 2014 St. John celebrated her 150th anniversary. In March of 2017 Pastor Andrew Frey was installed as an associate pastor, following Pastor Martin. In August of 2017 Pastor Mark Gartner was installed as an associate Pastor following Pastor Suhr, who retired after faithfully serving the Lord for 40 years. Many changes have taken place in the many years of our congregation; but Christ and his gospel remain the same!